Addiction and Rehab
Like Alcohol, Marijuana is quickly becoming socially acceptable and thus it is hard to identify substance abuse for those who actually may be abusing this substance. The stark fact is that Marijuana potency is at an all time high and therefore it is consumption at high levels for even a short amount of time is presenting new dangers to the community. Marijuana concentrates are very popular and have a high level of addiction and abuse associated with them.
Marijuana Addiction is in fact a “SUD ”, or Substance Use Disorder, that requires treatment to address for those afflicted. From Inpatient Treatment to Intensive Outpatient Treatment, Red Rock Recovery Center has numerous drug treatment options to meet you or your loved one where they are at.
Signs that someone you know is using Marijuana include but are not limited to:
- Red or bloodshot eyes
- Withdrawal or isolation
- Slow or depressed affect or mood
- Increased appetite
- Lowered ambitions or lack of motivation
- Memory issues or spacy thought process
Symptoms of Marijuana Addiction
The criteria below was taken from the latest Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) used by licensed clinicians to diagnose and treat various substance use disorders. If you or someone you know meets two or more of the above criteria, there may be a marijuana abuse disorder present.
- Marijuana is taken in larger amounts or over a longer period of time than was intended
- There is a persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control marijuana use
- A great deal of time is spent in activities, necessary to obtain marijuana, use marijuana, or recover from its effects
- Marijuana use causes a failure to fulfill major role obligations at work, school or home
- Continued marijuana use despite having persistent or recurrent social or interpersonal problems caused or exacerbated by the effects of marijuana
- Recurrent marijuana use in situations in which it is physically hazardous
- Marijuana use is continued despite knowledge of having persistent or recurrent physical or psychological problem that is likely to have been caused or exacerbated by marijuana
- High tolerance for marijuana
- Withdrawals experienced from lack of marijuana use
Marijuna Addiction can be dangerous and progress if untreated. Please do not hesitate to call and speak to a trusted professional to learn more about Addiction and Red Rock Recovery Center Treatment Services.